Multi-Sensor Monitoring Unit (MSMU)
Automatically capture vibrations, temperature, acoustic events
With more than 80% of work performed in U.S. Nuclear Plants associated with surveillances or preventive maintenance activities (NEI 2017), operators can finally automate the process with a superior solution saving time, money, and resources, all while improving safety!
- Eliminate the need for manual measurements
- Cost reductions
- Reduce unplanned outages
- Make better decisions with better, more timely, information
for All Events
- Minimize or even eliminate the need for staff to be present
- Reduce the frequency of pump test starts (by acquiring high-fidelity data)
- Be non-intrusive
- Communicate with a mobile server with a secure radio signal
- Run for extended periods of time without battery replacement (2 years)
- Capture useful data only and time stamp it
- Be safe, rigid, and water resilient
- Be time synchronized
- Capture vibrations, temperature, and acoustic events
The Solution: Automated Sensors with Realtime Updates
Save Time, Money & Resources
The Automated Multi Sensor Monitoring Units (MSMU’s) use data to help nuclear power plants to operate efficiently and safely. With more than 80% of work performed in U.S. Nuclear Plants associated with surveillances or preventive-maintenance activities (NEI 2017), it’s time to automate the process with a superior solution that saves time, money, and resources.
- Safety is improved
- Unplanned outages reduced
- Costs reduced
Benchmark Case Study
Developing a Custom Remote Sensing Solution for Nuclear Power Plants
Benchmark Secure Technology, experts and leaders in sensor manufacturing for the U.S. Military, and Knowledge Relay, the leader in data and analytic solutions for the Energy Industry, joined to create a custom, secure, wireless sensor solution to replace costly manual processes by developing the MSMU with the guidance of Idaho National Laboratory (U.S. Department of Energy).
Automated Sensor Integration
- Magnetic Installation
- Battery Powered (2-yr. life)
- Secure Radio Transmission of Data
- Automatic Event Capturing
Reliable data can help nuclear power plants operate more efficiently and safely.
Benchmark and Knowledge Relay’s sensor network was piloted and tested extensively. It proved to be a success, starting up and shutting down with the RHR pump and consistently generating data.
Let's make it easy... We'll come to you
Schedule a live demonstration at your workplace.